We’ve recently done a major update to the TAC website both in design and in simpler, more intuitive functionality.
1. The forums, private messages, and notifications are slow. While these are our priority as they seem the slowest, we're also working on overall site speed.
2. You may occasionally get logged out automatically while we're updating the site.
Frequently Asked Questions
(these will not effect new members)
1. Where’s the Song Vault? This is no longer a part of TAC and is no longer supported. Owners of the Song Vault will be able to access all songs and videos at tacsongs.com. Please follow the instructions on that site to download tabs.
2. Where are the previous month’s Daily Challenges? Previous month’s Guitar Routines are not accessible unless you’ve clicked the lower right heart icon on any Daily Challenge to save it to your Favorites (found in the menu under your profile picture).
3. How are Jam Clubs going to work? After deep reflection and consideration, we’ve realized that getting together with local TAC members is best organized and managed outside of TAC so we can keep the membership simple and focused on the main promise of TAC: the Daily Challenge. We’ve already started to see this work and look forward to seeing how TAC members get creative to connect in the real world. Going forward, your performances at virtual open mics and in-person meet-ups will have their own home in the forums and we’ll be celebrating these performances as huge wins that will inspire other members to push through their fears and consider playing with others.
4. Why are the forums so simple and why can’t we post about anything we want? We fully understand that there is a small group of very passionate forumers. We see you. The free-form discussion forums were a big part of your TAC experience and that’s always been exciting to watch. But over the years we’ve also seen an intimidation factor start to build as the forums evolved into a bit of a perceived “insider’s club” and a confusing wall of text that was intimidating for new members to jump into. To give you a rough idea, 20% of all posts came from just 4 members, and 60% of all posts came from just 24 members. The future TAC that we’re working towards will be intuitive to figure out and feel accessible to all members.
All of these changes have one thing in common. The new look of TAC is aimed at shining the light on all members and all different guitar journeys.
In the coming months, you’ll begin to see a common thread between the Acoustic Tuesday show, the 90-Day Progress Party, and new content. That common thread will be images and success stories of your fellow TAC Family.
We’re aiming for an environment that supports focus, fun, and progress through the lens of what we’ve seen people resonate with the most over the last six years.